This is a fine example of a 1890’s manual yard crane, originally built to work on standard gauge track. At some point in its life it was converted to road use with metal tyres on its flanged wheels and one axle made into a steerable bogie.
It was found in a sad state at Woburn Sands, Milton Keynes where it had been lying amongst the brambles having been saved from the scrapman 35 years earlier.
It came to BWLR in March 2001 and completely restored, the metal tyres were removed and it has been regauged to 2 foot.
All work was completed for our May 2001 Open Day