No6 Eigiau, originally named ‘Sunlight’, is an 0-4-0 well tank, built by Orenstein & Koppel of Berlin in 1912 (works number 5668) for Mr C L Warren, a Cheshire contractor – one of very few steam locos built overseas for industrial service in the UK. It was brought for the construction of the garden village at Port Sunlight on the Wirral and when work there was ceased during the First World War, it was sold for use in building Cowlyd reservoir in the mountains north of Capel Curig in the north of Wales. Here it was renamed Eigiau after a nearby lake. In 1928 it moved to Penryhn Quarry, the huge opencast pit at Bethesda which was the largest producer of slate in Wales. Eigiau worked here until 1949, was brought for preservation in 1963 and ran at Bressingham Gardens for many years before moving to Bredgar in 1995.